Total Pageviews

Friday, December 14, 2012

     It was another day today.
     Complete and utter rejection about my napkin art.
     One guy commented early on, but he certainly didn't have it in mind to cough up a lousy five bucks for a piece of original art.  Bastard.  Then he went into some long-winded, old man story, and I don't get paid to be anybody's therapist.
     People fight not to look at my art.  They look at the flyers on the wall, and they text on their portable devices.  They do everything they can to avoid me.
     They are afraid they might like it, and they don't want to deal with anything outside of themselves.
     Mostly, though, people at Muddy Waters cafe don't have any money to spend.  They are dirt poor. 
     So, what I do is just use the time to prepare for the night ahead.
     Also, I've been bringing in a book of 'Great Paintings', and I've been reading it, and using the images as source material.  I enjoy art history, and I like to incorporate paintings from the past into my work.
     The cafe is not a place where you will hear competent English being spoken.  I gave up on that aspect long ago.
     Despite everything I've just written, it is my favorite coffee shop in the city.  They have good coffee, and they let me paint there.  The women are attractive, and they have atrocious art on the wall.  Just my kind of place.
     But yeah, I can only handle about two or three hours of rejection from people about my art, and about me, and then I have to leave.  I'm not going to sit there and paint and be ignored as if I don't exist.  I can do that in my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment