Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 11, 2013

     I did a lot of research today, pouring over newspapers, reading articles, and cutting out pictures.
     I also did a lot of tracings from the pictures for my napkin art.
    
     All this was tampered by having to listen to some twenty-nine year old sales representative and a thirty year old woman talk about apartment conditions.
     At first, they talked real loud so the whole cafe could hear.
     Thankfully, they toned it down a little, though I could still hear every word from across the room.

     The man must have been from Utah.  He had a Snowbird shirt on, and his haircut fit the bill.
     It is people like him why I would never want to live in Utah.
     I was wishing he would shut up.
    
     Both of them talked about their point of view, not listening too much to the other.
     When the other was speaking, they waited for their turn to talk, instead of processing what the other was saying.
     Suffice it to say, it was tedious to listen to.

     So there was that.
     The coffee and the weather were both excellent.

     The art show was not even worth looking at.

     I saw a couple of attractive girls and women.

     One older woman was wearing a short skirt, but I didn't try to look up it.

     While I was outside smoking, there was a creepy dome-head photography guy taking pictures.  I tried to get out of his view.
     He ended up walking by me, and his pudgy skin and facial expression made him look like a douche to me.

     I saw a bar owner I knew standing outside.  He said 'Hi'.  He is a nice guy.

     I saw a poet I know ride by on a bike.

     I saw people walking, and cars driving by.

     Yesterday I saw yet another inconsiderate bike rider on the wrong side of the road.  What is up with that?  It is so dangerous.

     So, I amassed a collection of newspaper clippings, and some new napkin art.  I was pretty happy about my work.
     The only problem is that kind of research takes time. 
     I am glad I did it, though.
     I have the start of many new and cool napkin arts.

     The counter people in this cafe for the most part, are not too adept at English.  It would be more fun for me if they were.  Then there would be some continuity from day to day, like I have at the bar.

     Anyway, it was a good day at the cafe, and very positive...except for the people that talked my ear off.

No comments:

Post a Comment