Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 9, 2012






     Here is my set-up in the cafe today.
     I am so glad I sold one, it makes me feel good.  Plus, I got two coffees paid for.
     Mostly, people ignore me, though, no matter how good or bad the art is.
     I don't know why.
     One woman mustered up a very soft, mousey 'hello' when I caught her looking at my stuff, and I was able to make eye contact with her.  I said nothing in return, since her greeting was so week.
     I am starting to figure out that not only do I have to go to great lengths to conceive and produce the art, but I also have to be a human fisherman, and reel them in with extensive words of kindness.  Some people get intimidated, and they don't want to bother me.  Or god knows what other reason.  I can't tell.  I know I could be more friendly and outgoing, but that is a lot to ask of me.  The viewer has to have a response.  I've started a dialogue, and it takes a rare bird to finish it.
     The guy who bought the piece from me today was instantly interested in what I was doing upon sight.  It is mostly confident people who engage me in dialogue.  It is true.  They are also the ones who end up buying, also.
     I've tried in the past to get people talking, but if they don't do it all on their own, there is no point, and they don't buy anyway.
     I've already gone out of my way to make all of the art, I can't pull their teeth, too.
 
     I know this girl at the bar, and she has sat with me for many hours.  It is nice to have her around, because she does all the talking, which makes it very easy for me.  She is away for a month, or two, so I'm on my own for a while.  Too bad.  I need a girl like that at the cafe.  I probably scare people off, haha and lol.  I think that is probably what happens.
     When I work, it is very intense, and I am concentrating.  It is hard to be Mr. Nice Charming Guy while there is a storm of paint happening.

     Anyway, my coffee was good today, as always.

     I usually try to make it to the cafe by noon, and hang out for a couple of hours.  I've been going to Muddy Waters Cafe for three years now.  It sure has taken a long time to break the ice there.  It is a tough house I'm playin'.

     Anyhow, I'm glad I'm doing my writing on the computer before it gets too late.  When I'm in a hurry, the articles I write don't come out good.

     I have a back-log of material to put out.  It is going to take a while to catch up, if that is even possible.  I've missed a lot of writing opportunities because of playing video games.  Then again, I am building The Death Star in Clone Wars Adventures, and that takes time, too.

     There was some older broad I drew while she was standing there ordering coffee.  I liked her figure.  It will be fun to throw on some paint on to that piece later tonight.

     I generally enjoy drawing women.  They are fun to draw.  I like to draw them in feminine movements and gestures.  It makes me feel all gushy inside, perusing over their bodies.  I like backless dresses.  It is fodder for the imagination about what the rest looks like.  I also like no-sleeves.  I basically like as little as clothing as possible on a woman.  I like when the thighs are exposed.  That is nice, too.

     Well, thanks for reading.  Every hit counts, and I appreciate every single one.

No comments:

Post a Comment