Total Pageviews

Monday, May 27, 2013

A little bit about Benny Hill...

     It was another fun day at the cafe.  At first, I couldn't get my favorite outdoor table, so I had to wait for it.  Then, once I got it, and started writing, the man with the crutches and the one leg had to sit near me, and consume a mini-bottle of booze.
     I did get some writing done, and I'm happy about that, though.
     I've been watching a lot of Benny Hill video clips in the last day, and wouldn't you know, I was hearing the theme music in my mind, as I watched young ladies walk up and down the street.  Some even bent over right in front of me.  One woman was watering a tree, and she was bent over, and it was funny, because at one point, all I could see of her was her butt sticking out, so it was just like 'The Benny Hill Show', which was never meant to be serious, or politically correct.  It is just funny, and yes, it is sexist at times, even racist, but it is just comedy, folks, so lighten up.
     Benny Hill's show made me laugh when I needed it most as a teenager, because my family was in Utah, and it sucked being there.  There was nothing to do, and nowhere to go.  It was very isolating.  It wasn't good for me, but Benny Hill provided me with the comedy and the attractive women that I needed to get me through the next day.  Benny was a shining light when I was swamped with Mormonism.  Swamped.

    I'm down to one coffee a day.  It seems to be all I need.

    The man with the one leg and I haven't gotten along since he was on his cell phone in the cafe one day talking really loud, which really annoyed me that he would impose his one-sided conversation onto everybody.
     Eventually we talked it out so that we would leave each other alone.  That was an agreeable situation for me, so why he had to sit next to me when he usually sits inside is beyond me.  I guess I am a magnet for trouble.  I am usually sitting there writing or drawing, so that is usually the catalyst for somebody to come near me and bother me.

     Never a dull moment at the cafe, let me tell you.

     I saw one woman with a shiny black shirt and rather large boobs, but don't be fooled.  Sometimes these girls wear bras that make their breasts look larger than they are.  However, this girl looked like she needed no padding whatsoever.

     Besides that, it was the usual assortment of pretty girls in jeans, with their little butts swishing back and forth as they walk.

     Now that I am forty-five years old, Benny Hill makes more sense to me than ever.  Too bad he is dead, it makes me sad, but his legend will live on.
     Did you know Benny wrote music for the show?  That is pretty amazing, in addition to all of the performing and memorizing of lines he had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment