Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 6, 2014

     It is hard to break these people.
     While I have been somewhat successful in selling art in the bar at night, it has been impossible to sell art in the cafe I go to during the day.
     They just don't care.
     Obsessed with their laptops and portable devices, they have no time or interest in art.

     I don't blame them.  Obviously, they are busy people, and can't be bothered.

     It might be me, too.  I'm not like them.

    
     Here is my technology:  A 1947 Smith-Corona typewriter, a portable Playstation One, and a Kindle Fire.

     The typewriter gets my blood going in the mornings, because I use both hands to type.  When I write, it is a one-handed affair, similar to another favorite activity of mine.

     The Playstation One is still fun.  With over fifty games in my collection, I still have games I have not played yet.

     The Kindle Fire was a gift.  A bartender bought an upgraded version, so he gave me his old one.  It works great, and I can watch videos anywhere I go that has free internet.  It is lightweight and easy to carry, which makes it nice.

     So, the cafe costs me $4 a day.  Pretty pricey each month when I am not selling art to pay for it.

     Alcoholics buy way more art than caffeinated people, that is for sure. 
     Why do you think they serve wine at art openings?

No comments:

Post a Comment