Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

     These two paintings sold today in the cafe.  I got $54 for them.  That is quite a discount, but she was young and cute, and she really liked the paintings.  I found I could not say 'no'.  She wanted them for her new apartment.  How could I refuse?
     It makes it hard to meet my bills, however.
     But to have a cute girl like your art, and post it on Instagram, and then have all her cute friends see the art is worth its' weight in advertising and promotion, I guess.
     Still, I need the money.  Jabba The Hutt is after me, and has a bounty on my head.

     Everyone else in the cafe ignored my art.  That is normal, unfortunately.

     Maybe it will be different someday, where I will get paid properly for my art.

     The still-life with the word 'SATAN' on it wasn't exactly finished, so I didn't mind taking a cut on that one.  I've been trying to sell that one for a long time, and no one seemed interested, but she loved and adored it, so she got the painting.
     I made someone happy today, so that makes it worth it.

     She was quite the cutie, I might add.  I didn't even bother trying to pick up on her, because, uh...what's the point?
     Sure, that doesn't stop old men at the bar from picking up on young women, but it stops me.  I'm not a low life in that way.  I am in others, but I am no longer in the breaking young women's hearts business anymore.  That part of my life is over.
     A guy can have sex and not care, and go about his business the next day.  It is different for most women, so I don't mess with that anymore.
     If a younger woman really wanted me, that would be different, but I am not going to impose myself on others.  It ain't my style.

     So, there you go.

     Meanwhile, I don't know if anybody actually reads this blog or not, so I just write it for myself, and cross my fingers for good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment