Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 3, 2014

     Hello, I'm listening to Philip K. Dick's 'A Scanner Darkly' on audiobook, available on youtube, as is 'Blade Runner'.
     Anyway, it was another day at the cafe today.
     I had to deal with three or four groups of A.A. people.
     I'm not a fan of 'Alcoholics Anonymous'.
     I think these people are messed up, and it has nothing to do with alcohol.  It's them.

     Anyhow, they don't like me much, neither, haha.

     I was wearing my devil t-shirt.
     Accompanied by all of my art, I create an environment counter-intuitive to what they do.

     Basically, they make other people in the cafe listen to their bitching and moaning about their drinking days.

     They all want to drink, too, which is the funny thing.

    
     Near the end of my session, two women were doing their A.A. thing.  Unlike the men, who are pretty strict with how to solve their drinking problem, the women talked about everything except what they were supposed to be talking about.  For them, it was more about talking, and expressing themselves.
     It sounded to me like both of them need to read more.

     The best part of my cafe time today besides the delicious coffee, was meeting some artist dude who was telling me stories about how he sells art on the streets, and in bars. 
     Tattooed, he was pretty cool.

     So, today was not a complete loss, and I got some painting done.

     But man, listening to A.A. people sucks.

     The only higher power there really is?  Gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment