Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

     Wow.  I actually sold one of my figurative paintings on newsprint paper for $12.
     Usually, nobody buys from me in the cafe.
     The norm is for people to completely ignore the fact that I am painting in a cafe.
     The price for my paintings on paper is $20 to $40.
     I made an exception in this case, because the guy was nice enough, and didn't have a lot of money, so I gave him a break.
     I set aside a pile of paintings that I was willing to part with for $10.  He picked one, and gave me $12, so I was happy with how things worked out.
     The sale came at a time when I really needed some money.  I just paid rent, and I was broke.

     Other than that, it was a regular day.
     I painted for hours, drank coffee, and smoked.

     I had a good time.

     There was a little drama with the old bag of a woman who talks to herself, but luckily she went away after a short time.

     Oh yeah.  For over an hour, this Latino guy was on his cell phone right next to my table.
     I don't know why I am a magnet for this s***.
     Out of all the places in the cafe to sit, people want to talk on their cell phone right near me.
     What is up with that?
     They do it when I stand outside, too.  Then I walk down the sidewalk, and they follow me, because they need a third party to hear their one-sided cell phone call, to prove that the call exists, as if they were on a theatrical stage.

     Can all cell phone people just stay away from me, please? 
     Jesus.

     Anyway, I got a lot of painting done today, so I was glad.

     I saw a woman squatting in her black exercise pants, and that was nice, even though she was an older broad...haha.
     She had a nice posterior.  All I care about is the shape.  It is a lesson in anatomy every time.

     Other than that, I drank two coffees for $4, and tipped nothing, because I was poor today.

     I'll tip more and buy more stuff when people buy my art more in the cafe.  What do they think I am doing it for, my health?


No comments:

Post a Comment