Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

A blog entry can take just as much time as making a video or a painting

     Writing these entries on Blogger can be really time-consuming.  I've sat here for a couple of hours just writing a couple of entries.  It takes a while to write what is in my head.  I don't even worry about quality much.  I can worry about that later.  The main thing is to get the thoughts out.
     Being a writer is futile, though.
     Every word has to matter, or why bother to write at all?
     It has to be of quality, because readers expect a lot, and they don't like it when the material is not up to par.
     A lot of young people don't care about writing much, or spelling, or anything.  They just don't care, and they spend a lot of time mocking the English language, mostly, I would guess, because they don't understand it at all.
     I guess it was hard for me to take things seriously when I was a teenager, too, what with all of the chaos at home.  There was always some kid crying, or something.  It is amazing that we all turned out 'mostly okay'.  One brother didn't make it.  He died.  I think he would have loved all the Clone Wars stuff they have now.  He never lived to see Annakin turn into Darth Vader, and that is sad.

     Anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about at this point.
     I was just outside watching people, looking at things, and thinking about videos that I want to make.
     I want to make an art video of this painting I have.  That could be fun.  I really want to do it.
     I have no control over whether or not anybody watches my videos.  Either they watch it or they don't.
     All I have to do if I want to get hits, though, is to film South Park clips.  But I can't just have a channel of other people's stuff.  I have to be original on some level.
     Filming South Park is a service, though, because a lot of people can't watch South Park in their home country, so they depend on youtube for the latest stuff.

     I was looking into making money with blogs last night.  Apparently, there is a lot to it.  In order to become more business-oriented, in order to make money, I should write about products, or things that people actually want to know about.
     I wrongly assume that people would read my blogs to be slightly entertained as they peruse over my material. 
     I suppose I would be horrified if my former teachers read my crap, and saw that my material was not very good.
     I suppose I have to show them, too.
     It's all a magic act, I guess.
     To be a good writer, sometimes you have to do the smoke and mirrors illusionist thing.

     I saw a magic act on youtube last night where the woman magically changed her dress more than fifteen times really quick on stage when the magician would hold draping in front of her.  It was impressive.  She wore several dresses underneath the first dress.  I don't know how she changed into some of them.  It is a mystery.  A lot of the onstage dress changes occurred within less then five seconds.  It was hard to believe what I was watching, but it happened nonetheless.  I had never seen anything like it.  They were very well-practiced and rehearsed.  Their act was executed with perfection.

     A lot of people will describe something that is good as 'tight' as in, 'that is tight'.  I know what they mean.  They use that word because it is cool, and they don't know what else to say.  They say it with emphasis due to a lack of vocabulary.
     They didn't like it when I described other things as 'loose' or 'untight', which, according to their logic, would be suitable.
     It's not my fault I know more words to describe things than just 'tight'.
     That word is over-used too much.  Then if you question them about it, they get mad.
     It gets frustrating to try and communicate with hip-hop people, and for me, it is hard to care.
     It's easier to limit yourself, especially if you don't have a command of the English language.
     You don't have to jump as high if the bar is set low.

     Okay, I've sat here for hours, and I don't know if typing a bunch of **** is going to do me or anybody any good.
     I could be at home doing something constructive, like building my lot on 'Clone Wars Adventures'.

No comments:

Post a Comment