Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Buster Keaton in 'The General' and other thoughts

     Hi, and Good Morning.
     My artist friend just sat down to the left of me.  She is a nice lady.  She makes fantasy art.  One time she posted a drawing that showed some fairie with wings naked, and some other woman complained about it.  Strange to see women get upset about fictional representations of the nude female body drawn by a woman.  Some people are really backwards in their thinking.
     Actually, she doesn't talk to me much anymore.  Once she saw my blog and my website, I don't think she wanted to talk to me much anymore...lol.
     Plus she is married, and her husband seems like a nice guy.
     She is still a nice lady, though.

     I woke up to yet another email from The Pigman.  I don't know what to do with him.  I don't know what there is to do.  It seems that the only person who can save him is himself.  Nobody else can do it for him.
     It seems like he needs a lot of attention.
     He is in film school right now, so he has a lot of resources available to him, so I don't know what the problem is.
     It's something that I can't fix.

     Wow, I thought the artist lady was annoyed with me, but she is such a sweetheart, she was very warm in her greeting to me.  She can paint pretty good.  People like her work.
     She asked me about the art show I was supposed to have here, and I told her about the problems I had getting my show up. 
     They basically forgot twice that I was supposed to have a show here. 
     Ooops.
     It is a nice space to show.  I don't know if I would sell anything here.  Not too many people in this area have money.

     Well, I have to do something.

     This lady has a similar spirit to some other art lady I know, it's charming in both cases.  Sexy older broads that paint is a pretty cute thing.

     Anyway, my coffee is good and hot.

     I watched Buster Keaton's 'The General'.  It's a fantastic film.  I have no idea why he chose The South for his protagonist to be on the side of.  Perhaps because they ended up being the losers in the Civil War.

     No problem with the art lady at all, but she is talking to some guy, and the chatter makes it hard for me to write.

     Okay, so the chatter is gone.  I can think now.
     I just read the wikipedia article on 'The General', which described the events of the movie in clear detail, and also told about how the movie was poorly received when it came out in 1926.
     Buster considered it to be his greatest film, and then slowly, people started to agree with him.
     It is a great film of the highest order.
     It does everything a good film should do.
     I watched it on youtube last night.




     Well, there you go.  There is the poster.  I don't know why the broad is depicted as blond when she is brunette in the film.  It makes no sense.
     Maybe film-goers who were expecting a pretty blond were disappointed with the frumpy looking brunette.  She really was not especially attractive.  She was good for the film, though.  She did a fine job, and even had a couple of really funny moments.
     The music to accompany a film like this can either make it or break it.

     The movie built up from one scene to another, in a logical sequence throughout the entire film.  Not easy to do.
     Every body in America should see this film, and especially film students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment