Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hello, it is a beautiful day, and I'm doomed.

     I was really happy to see Peter Griffin go in there and kick the shit out of Lucy.  He performed roundhouse kicks on her face.  He forced her to hold down the football so that Charlie Brown could kick the football.
     Finally, justice has been served.
     Family Guy also had Wile E. Coyote catch the Road Runner, and then was so bored he became a Born-Again Christian.
     They had Elmer Fudd kill Bugs Bunny.  I don't know how I feel about that, which means that they are on the side of Elmer.

     I watched a couple of episodes of The Simpsons from season 23.  Not having seen the show much in years, well, I don't know if it is the same.  The show didn't seem to be about anything.  It's just turned into an entertainment show, which is fine.  That is what the world is.  I liked the episodes, I just didn't laugh as much.  Homer giving a 'Hi-5' to his own soul was funny.  That made me laugh.

     So, basically, I'm doomed, and I have to go to the bank today.  Or, make a phone call.  We'll see what happens.

     In effect, I don't have an art career, I don't have anything going on, and that is sad.

     The girl to the left of me talking on her phone is cute.  Her voice doesn't annoy me.  It has normal sound to it, instead of that tinny female shrill voice that can get sooo annoying.

     There is a girl to the right of me, and behind me by the window, and she has a white cloth on her head.

     The girl to the left said the best thing when she said, "I'm soo excited about this project!" as she took off her green coat and projected her breasts forward.  That was pleasant to see.

     Anyhow, I guess my next question is, "What Now?"

     One thing is for sure, and that is nobody cares about you when you are down and out.

* * *

     So, I spent hours watching Family Guy clips, and also from King of The Hill, and The Simpsons.  I was entertained, but I was also doing research. 
     I also saw some Robot Chicken, I like that.

     It seems that everything I would want to do in a cartoon, they have done.  They are sarcastic, and cruel, and it is all very funny.
     Some of the things I would never do.  I've never even conceived in my mind of a sexual pervert 'giggly-goo' guy, or an old man with a walker who is interested in young boys.
     'Family Guy' gets away with a lot, and the fans love it.  They can't get enough.
     One of my favorite outrageous scenes is when Stewie beats up Brian because money is owed.  The violence in that scene is incredible.  I've never seen anything quite like that.

     The girl to the left departed.  She had a good butt.  She was a good girl. 
     I can think now, but I kind of liked her voice.
     I complained to myself that she was talking too much, and I couldn't think, and now I am sad that she is gone.
     It's just how it works.

     It was fun seeing some 'King of The Hill' last night.  I can't get enough of Hank Hill and his son Bobby.  The show is funny, pathetic, disturbing, and creepy, and I love it.
     Arlen, Texas?  Who cares about what goes on there?  But it is funny to make a show about a fictional town in Texas.
     It's just all so wrong.
     I didn't know until recently that the show went on for thirteen seasons.  That is a lot.  That is success.  Dvd sales of the show will only help to line the pockets of anyone who gets a cut.

     The greatest thing about cartoons is that kids never have to age.  That was always the problem with shows like The Little Rascals, The Brady Bunch, Leave It To Beaver, etc. is that the kids always got older, and suddenly the kids weren't so cute. 

     In South Park, the kids have been in 4th grade for over eleven years.  That is pretty funny.
     It kind of makes it all into some kind of 'Twilight Zone' event, where people are stuck in this time vortex where they never age, and never get old, and never progress beyond their character.

     I like shows with character development.  That is always supposed to be a trademark of a good play or movie, where the characters learn something, and change slightly as a result, but you don't even have to care about that anymore.  Not in television land.  The more two-dimensional the characters are, the better.  That means that they can just stay that way.

     The Simpsons still seems to be a pretty adult cartoon, despite it featuring kids.  It definitely has an adult perspective.
     They even used a bleeped-out 'F' word.  My word! 
     Shocking, even for The Simpsons.
     It's all such a normal word anyway, I don't know why any normal person would get their panties in a bunch over it.

     Anyway, I had a good time watching all these clips.  I was trying to update myself about what was going on in the cartoon world.
     I love all the pop culture references, and things I can relate to, and the social commentary.  I love these shows for taking jabs at b.s. things in our society, and making us laugh at the same time.

     I really care about these characters.
     I don't know why I care about Hank Hill all that much.  He's the most boring cartoon character ever invented just about.  But I love the voice and I love his whole routine, so sure about what he learned growing up applies to the ever-changing world.  Hank is close to being a real person, so I love that about him.
     I don't care about Peggy all that much.  She can be amusing at times, but she doesn't do much for me.  What appeal she does have is she is square in her own way, and thinks she is smarter than she actually is.  I like that.  I seem to have the same problem, so I relate to her on that level.
     I like Leann, but the actress who did her voice died a couple of months after the show ended.  Sucks, so I guess we'll never be hearing from Leann again.  That is sad.
     Bobby is such a creepy messed up little boy, and has some fruity tendencies that Hank doesn't know what to do with.  He is almost a Pugsley kind of character from The Addams Family.  That is kind of funny.

     It's kind of hard to care about The Cleveland Show all that much.  I saw the episode of 'The Cleveland Show Live' and ended up not enjoying it all that much.  It was an episode where they made the cartoon as if it was filmed in front of a live studio audience.  It kind of left me flat, though.  I was really into the idea at first, since it had never been done that way before.  It somehow didn't work by the end of the show.  Something went wrong.
     I do like the black Stewie, though.  I don't know what his name is.  He did a James Brown dance which was awesome, though.

     Anyway, I did all my cartoon research, and it is time to come up with some original stuff, and that is the hard part.

No comments:

Post a Comment