Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Third-Party Content

     I see that people all the time put graphics, photos, and videos on their blogs that they did not create.  I do it myself, based on the fact that other people do it.  I see no problem with it.
     Youtube does have a problem with third party content and their policies, if people try to make money on their videos with content that they don't own.
     On Blogger, it all doesn't seem to matter much, as far as I can tell so far.
     I don't know how many hits Blogger gets on a daily basis, and whether or not that number is significant.
     Wordpress seems to be a more credible and populated blog. 
     I like this one for ease of use, plus they have an 18 and over filter.  I am still trying to figure out what I can and can not do on that.  I basically need a lawyer to make everything I do legal on my own site.  I am really curious about doing that, just because I don't want to get into trouble.
     Anyway...some guy is talking on his phone next to me, so that makes it hard to think.

     I went out for a smoke.  It takes five to seven minutes to smoke a cigarette.  He's still talking.  So much for the three minute telephone call rule.  That rule disappeared long ago.

     Anyway, to continue with these thoughts if I am able to,...uh...I did hear a story long ago about some guy using some graphic on his site, and the company who owned the graphic just sat and waited for seven years.  Then when he made money with the site, the company sued him for his shirt.  That stuff happens, you know.  It is better to create your own content for everything if you can.

     A lot of people put their own graphic logo at the start and/or end of every video they make, but then they just film a video game.  lol.  People are so cheap.  They also write in all caps that they don't own the content, as if that will make it all better.  That doesn't matter when you are in court.

     So generally, it is best to create your own content if you can.
     I do a mix of my own and other people's content.
     Some people have channels where it is 100% their own content.  Youtube likes that a lot.  It makes it so much easier for them, especially if that channel gets a lot of hits.  They love it. 
     In a way, that is the way to go; however, by putting up a 'Beavis and Butthead' video up, that has brought my channel 10,000 hits relatively fast, which might help in getting people to watch my other videos.  So for me, no one would watch my stuff unless I put third-party content on once in a while.
     Ultimately, each person has to make up his/her own mind about all this stuff.

     Imagine being a kid and starting with youtube when you are 13.  You could be world famous by the time you are out of high school.  That kind of stuff is starting to happen.

     More on this subject later.

No comments:

Post a Comment