Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Occupy SF

     I am sitting next to a writer for Juxtapose magazine.  He is talking to his friend.  He has been to the occupation site, and has seen a lot of stuff there, and wants to write about the political situation there.  They want articles which are more humorous, and fun.  He is having conflict about this as a writer.
     When you write for a magazine, and expect to be paid, sometimes you just have to give them what they want.  It's a job. 
     I would say to him to write the article he really wants to write onto a blog, and build up an audience that way.
     Juxtapose has a certain point of view, and it is from L.A. so, it will always be a certain way. 
     You can't fight the machine sometimes, if you want to get paid.  Sometimes, you have to suck it up.

     I'm not that much into Occupy SF.  I am glad somebody is doing it, but I will never be in an area where there are tons of cops around.  It's just asking for trouble.  The police are a private club, and they follow their own policies, and they have their own agenda.  I want no part of it.  If they want to go there and protect the property around there, fine, but I ain't going to be anywhere around that mess.

     Good Luck, Everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment