Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Buster Keaton and some other people

     I'm starting to like this blog.  I like the name of it, which feels comfortable to me.
     I just read up on Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, and The Marx Brothers.  I started reading the wikipedia entries on these people last night, and read the Keaton article right before I came here.
     I did not realize Buster was in a Twilight Zone episode.
     One person I could never get into much was Harold Lloyd.  I've seen some of his stuff, but it doesn't have as much appeal to me.  I don't identify with him much.
     With short Jewish guys, I seem to like, as I remember from my school days that I was usually the third shortest kid in class.
     Anyway, I put a lot of new information in my head, and I was kind of zonked out this morning.  My brother chatted with me, and linked me the new Spider-Man trailer.  It showed a scene with Peter's parents, and that was a first anywhere.  The trailer showed that Spider-Man could be a first-person shooter, which is important if you want to sell video games.

     So, I like Buster Keaton.  He was discussed in my 'Methodologies of Modernism' class, because he was in the film 'Sunset Boulevard'. 
     You know, I don't know what it all means at this point.
     Mostly, films are a commercial venture, where heads get rolled for failure, and sometimes rewarded for success.
     I'm an artist, and I don't know what the hell I am doing anymore.
     Anyway, Buster is cool.

     Charlie chased a lot of chicks and often paid the consequences.  But he sure did get a lot of pussy.  He also liked them young, marrying a 16 year old or two.
      So at fifty, Charlie would be tapping a 25 year old.  Not too bad at all, Charlie.

     I'm so glad I read about Buster, because he apparently did more work in film and television than I was aware of.  He was working.  He got roles.  He even helped to train Lucille Ball for comedic bits.  So, Buster was never in complete obscurity.  That makes me happy that he didn't end up completely desolate.

     But I have to start thinking of me, or else I will end up completely desolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment