Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Cafe is The Place For Intense and Heated Discussions

     That is always what I thought a cafe was, a place where artists could argue about a bunch of crap, piss off each other, and then go home and paint.
     Ideas are dangerous, and they are weapons.
 
     You know, a lot of artists stopped inviting Picasso into their studios, because then he would just rip off all of their ideas.

     Picasso was pretty poor until he ran into Gertrude Stein.

     Anyway, I was always excited to grow up, and go to the cafes where I could have heated discussions, and argue over philosophy.  It hasn't happened yet.  Oh well.  I guess I can always argue with myself.

* * *
     I could write out an argument right here, but I already had one over the weekend, and it wasn't that much fun.  It was just a drain on me.  It was pretty pointless.
     It's getting to be about that time to leave.  I need more time at home today to do all the things I need to do, and then not get them done by midnight, where I will have to wait until tomorrow to get it done.
     Star Wars: The Old Republic looks like a pretty serious game.  Wow, I just read that the development costs are around $135 million dollars, just for a video game.  They have a staff of twelve writers, and god only knows how many game designers, computer people, programmers, concept artists, public relations, and others have been involved.  In addition you have all the fans obsessed with Star Wars, who because of all of their financial support are able to make all this happen.  Plus, Dark Horse made some Old Republic comic books, and there are novels...it is global madness for Star Wars, which is bigger than ever.
     It is impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment