Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Short End of The Stick

     Okay, it works.  I'm in the back of the cafe.  The internet has a low signal back here today.  One never knows if it will work good or not.  I still don't know if it will work good.
     All I know is that the signal strength is low, and that I have to use the bathroom.
     It's been a hard day to get started with things.
     I was in FarmHell for a little while today.  You know you have sunk to the bottom of humanity when you are stuck playing Farmville.  It is so tedious with all the gift requests.
     I have spent hours of my life with gift requests on facebook games.
     There have been times when I have sat there for an hour just doing gift requests.
     That is a living hell, my friend.

     Let's see, what you have just read constitutes all the work I have done today.

     I did play Monopoly Millionaires.  I like that game once in a while.  I like Monopoly, and always have.  It gave me the illusion that I could be rich and be a property owner.  Also, I could be the winner, and make other people lose.  The look on their faces at the moment of victory is always great. 
     That is part of the joy of games.  The elation that you feel when you win, and the joy of seeing your opponents sink to the depths of despair.

     I also played Dungeon Overlord, but for some reason that I don't understand, I am now level 32.  It is a potentially great game, but it doesn't seem like they have worked out all the kinks even yet.  I've waited a long time for them to get their act together, so now I will just have to periodically play to keep it all going, and wait until they make it into more of a fun game to play.

     'Clone Wars Adventures' didn't seem to work today.  I did spend all day yesterday farming for credits and watching Babylon 5 to make it all possible, and then, as usual, I was able to spend all of my credits rather quickly on my lots, which are looking pretty cool, but the time-cost is amazing.

     The whole reason why I am sitting back here is because the front area is filled with laptop users and Chatty Kathy's, and I didn't feel like listening to the percussion of two female voices driving into my ears at 75 m.p.h. 
     It gets to me after a while.

     The short end of the stick is what I always seem to get.  That is what adsense is, except worse.  It's the tip of the short end of the stick, and that isn't very much at all.
     I've usually been in working situations where I get the short end of the money.  That is too bad.  I'm going to have to do something about that.

     The bar I used to work at, well, I used to sell art there, and I did pretty good.  I sold a lot there.  Those were the days of plenty then.  Even so, I was just breaking even.

     So, I am in a nice area to write, but the trade-off is low internet strength. 
     I've also got the proximity of the bathroom, which doesn't always smell nice.
    
     It is just how it goes.

     So, everything today is a late start.  I'm getting older.  The get-out of bed thing and off to a fresh start every day, well, I have my whole wake-up routine I go through.  It just takes me a while to wake up, get dressed, and pull it together so I can even make it out of the house.
     It is just how it is right now.

     I can barely even see how I can make art in my studio now, I have so much crap in there.

     Life is good, though.  I had a good day yesterday, and I'm going to have a good day today.

     The sound of the toilet flushing will always remind me of Archie Bunker.

No comments:

Post a Comment