Total Pageviews

Friday, December 9, 2011

Hello, Russia, how is it going?

     Besides The United States, which is responsible for most of the hits on this blog, Russia is in second place with a notable seventy-seven hits.
     Well, I assume that these hits all come from automated bots.  I also assume that this blog is translated into Russian.
     It is doubtful that any real people actually read this.
     I will consider myself lucky if any alive, actual, real person has read any of my blog entries.
     Most of the hits have come from me, as it tracks my visits to the blog.  That is fine with me, for it helps to create the illusion that people actually visit this blog.
     In any case, it is the clicks that matter, for that is what generates income.  However, it is the hits that are important..  They help people to look at the blog, which helps to get clicks.  Okay, they are both important, and I can't get enough of either one.
      Well, it does help when you know that people are reading your work.  It helps me to consider that other people expect my best material.  I know that they just want to be entertained.  At that, I will do my best.
     The reality is less fanciful.  No one is reading my work right now, so I have to keep writing.
     Maybe I should just draw up some cartoons.

     Anyway, 'Hello, Russia'.
     I'm sitting here in the cafe wearing a t-shirt, and it is sunny outside.
     I have a hot cup of coffee, I have bills to pay, and it is another normal day.
     In other words, my life is a disaster area.

* * *
     The trick of course, in paying any bill, is to make it into a fun adventure.  No matter what happens, I set it up so there is some kind of reward waiting for me, like a good cup of coffee, a beer, and a place to have it.
     That is why it takes me longer to pay bills, because I have to make it fun.
  
     The women to my left are still chattering away.  It gets hard to think, and I am in the unfortunate position of being at a table too close to them.
     It is a big pain to move my stuff....anyway, I just did it.  I pushed the table with everything on it to the right, and did the big switcheroo with the table that was there.
     I am farther away from the girl chatter, which has been going on for an hour steady with no break whatsoever.
     It sure makes it hard to write.
     This blog entry might become all about them if they keep it up, because I can't block them out.  Unfortunately, human ears can't close like eyes can.  It would come in handy from time to time when I don't want to hear things.
     Okay, it is a long hair brunette sitting against the wall, and a strawberry tousled blond.  I wonder when they come up for air to breath.
     In all this time, I don't know what the hell they are talking about.

     I just read in the paper that a guy gave up his Mission apartment just so he could participate in Occupy S.F.  I don't know how smart that is. 
     It seems to me that it would suck being outside all day.
     I've had enough of being outside to last me a lifetime.

     Oh no, one of the girls used the word 'perfect'.  I can't stand that word.  It is an easy word to fall back on to describe anything.
     It is the idea that perfection can actually exist which bothers me.
     For anything to be perfect in this universe is a rare event.

No comments:

Post a Comment